Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Green

...literally. We have now been at sea for a week and the rough waters of the North Atlantic have officially met with the ship. The waters have been very rocky today, and all I have to say is thank goodness I am not a student sitting in class today. For those of you keeping track of days, while students are sailing on the ship, class is scheduled, including Saturdays and Sundays.

Well, we are less than 48 hours from Bergen and the closest land mass distance-wise to us right now is Ireland....hooray! We will be bypassing the U.K. and Ireland. There are several large white caps out in the water today; and I will be honest, I am ready to burn my clothes. I did not pack a lot of warm clothing items, so I have been recycling my outfits for the last 10 days....oops! I think in my mind, I wrongly thought that Norway would be "chilly" not so much "frigid."

Anyway, last night was the staff/student talent show, which was pretty cool. It was great to see there is a ton of talent on the ship; it was pretty fun. Yesterday afternoon started out fabulously sunny and warm, and everyone was laying out. It felt like MTV Spring Break had invaded the ship. But it felt great and I saw some dolphins yesterday, but they were too quick for me--by the time I picked up my camera, they had disappeared, but man, they were leaping out of the water yesterday!

Alright, I am sure as you read along, you realize I have nothing new to report, but when we land in Bergen, I will be full of information!

Later gators!

3 comments:

Pat Sprinkle said...

Good job planning for the weather! It sounds like it has been a fantastic trip so far!

special ed said...

Just wanted to let you know that I just made a song up with you in mind. It is called "My Nipple is Hard and I Don't Know Why." I will have to say that you were the one and only behind the making of that song. I think you can make up the words yourself. Miss ya and LOVE ya!! BOB

Douglas said...

"If you're gonna spew...spew in this..."

Oh no...Mecklazine for everyone!!!